Answerport specializes in providing managed IT services to private equity clients and their portfolio companies for corporate “carve out” acquisitions. Since every acquisition situation is different, we start with due diligence, which we use as the basis to develop a tailored IT stand up / carve out plan for client approval. Next, we implement the plan and lead the effort to set up the organization as a stand-alone company with the technology, software, hardware, and people in place to manage IT efficiently and effectively.
In some situations, a corporate divestiture (“carve out”) may not come with the necessary resources to manage the IT requirements of the newly formed stand-alone business. In those situations, we manage and maintain the IT capabilities of our clients for the purpose of supporting the business.
It is precisely our pragmatic approach that helps our clients most. We begin by finding out what your business goals are and then develop a pragmatic and cost- effective plan to implement a robust yet efficient solution for your business with an eye on keeping the overall cost of ownership in check. In addition, we understand that the technology supports the business, not the other way around.
Our approach leads you to a cost-effective solutions and better management of overall operating expenses. We right-size IT to fit you. In other words, we are the IT team that understands IT’s role in the success of your business.
Infrastructure Managed Services
We help clients build an actionable and pragmatic integration/separation plan to affect a successful transition. Our transition planning services include:
- Stable, High Performance Infrastructure
- Future IT Infrastructure Direction
- IT Policies & Procedures
- Transition Documentation
- Proactive IT monitoring and responsive IT support
- Experienced network, server, Desktop and Service Desk support
Fractional & Interim CxO Services
Our Fractional & Interim CxO Services are primarily targeted at companies with part-time needs over a longer period of time, or conversely serving in an interim role until a permanent position is placed. We generally serve in technology (CIO/CTO/VP IT) roles, however, are sometimes engaged to serve as CFO, COO or CEO.
Some of the areas that we can tailor to your needs are as follows:
- Establish accountability of the IT Organization through creation of a governance model via a Steering Committee as well as by participating in Executive Team meetings.
- Perform tasks such as proposal review, capital oversight, business case development/ROI modeling and team mentoring
- Creation and/or alignment of a 3-year IT roadmap
- Prepare CapEx and OpEx budgets aligned to the 3-year IT roadmap
- Perform project reviews on in-process and upcoming projects for alignment with business areas
- Review IT organization alignment to business operations and strategic project delivery. Recommend organizational changes as needed to better execute operational and strategic demands of IT
- Establish KPI’s via dashboards and metrics to measure changes made and quickly make changes where necessary.
- Serve during times of major organizational change in management or strategic acquisition/divestiture.
A key deliverable with our Fractional and Interim Services is the overall flexibility to customize a program to meet the unique needs of your organization.
In today’s digital environment, every company has the need to establish and maintain solid cyber security controls and protections over their digital infrastructure. Yet senior level security expertise is one of the most difficult roles to hire and retain. Answerport’s virtual CISO services help deliver that leadership no matter your situation. Answerport’s virtual CISO service provides several options to support your company’s cyber security leadership needs. We deploy interim leaders who step in on a full-time basis to help bridge you during a major leadership transition or when first establishing a CISO role. Yet many companies don’t have a need or have the budget for a full-time CISO, but they still have the need for an IT security leader to provide visibility into security trends and leading practices and provide oversight for their critical security initiatives. We also provide fractional leaders who can assess, provide recommendations for a program and offer assistance in a ‘virtual’ leadership role. These roles can be tailored based on the size and complexity of your organization and security program and resources can be fully remote or on-site as needed.