When a seller has concluded that a business or portion of the business is to be sold, the divestiture and transition planning efforts need oversight so that contractual obligations are met, IT services are not compromised and projected cost savings are realized. Most sellers do not have experience with system disentanglement activities or post-closing administration of transition agreement and sales agreement obligations. Answerport has helped clients prepare for the sale of a business by first rationalizing shared capabilities that either “go” or “stay” and then developing the transition approach. Once the sale closes Answerport can help manage the divesture process.
Answerport consultants have the experience and ability to assist sellers with the following types of divestiture management activities:
- Divestiture and transition planning
- Divestiture process oversight and project management
- TSA oversight and management
- Divestiture team support
- Problem solving and issue resolution
- Monitor and measure attainment of trailing cost savings programs